Driver & Millwright
We are looking for a skilled Millwright who has experience with industrial and
construction equipment maintenance, as well as a valid Class A CDL. Under a foreman’s guidance a Millwright will Install, assemble, dismantle, move, and assist with repairing machinery and heavy equipment, according to layout plans or other drawings. Work will be conducted in factories, plants and other various industrial settings. We operate a safe working environment, and consider security and safety our top priorities, so we are looking for a professional whose values reflect our own. You will be working on various construction or industrial sites, both locally and regionally, and some travel will involved with this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions safely, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Secure cargo for transport, using blocks, chains, binders, or tarps.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations as needed.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 40,000 lbs, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver equipment, or other materials.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Assistance with Installing, aligning, taking apart and moving stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices
- Inspect and examine company owed machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjust and maintain company owed machines and equipment
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction)
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat for periods of time.
- Performing overhead work.
Education and Experience:
- 2 or more years of prior mechanical or millwright experience
- CDL Class A (Required)
- Prior forklift certification (Preferred)
- Knowledge of rigging and hitching (Preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent